STOP H.R. 1 'The People's Act'
HR1 is Pelosi, Schumer's dangerous ploy to
cancel Republicans at the ballot box
Here are the ten worst new federal mandates in HR1’s election administration section. These new requirements would apply to every state, regardless of existing state laws:
- Automatic voter registration, including using many colleges and universities as voter registration agencies and registering 16- and 17-year-olds.
- Abolish voter ID laws and only require a signature in the polling place to vote.
- Online voter registration without protections to verify the eligibility of the voter.
- Same day registration during early voting and on Election Day.
- Fifteen days of early voting, including minimum hours and requirements for locations.
- Restricting election officials’ efforts to maintain the accuracy of voter registration lists.
- Automatically restoring the right of felons to vote after release from prison.
- No-excuse absentee/mail voting with signature comparison verification available to all voters.
- Provisional ballots cast outside a voter’s precinct must be counted.
- Congressional redistricting done by an independent redistricting commission micromanaged by HR1’s provisions.
Many sections demonstrate the increasing federal control of elections in the bill: requiring federal control of election security, further centralizing election systems standards, and numerous new reporting requirements for election officials, including the gathering data on voters’ race and ethnicity. It would give more power over elections and oversight authority to the Election Assistance Commission, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Justice.
Petition H.R. 1
Whereas, H.R. 1 federalizes and micromanages the election process administered by the states, imposing unnecessary, unwise, and unconstitutional mandates on the states and reversing the decentralization of the American election process—which is necessary for protecting our liberty and freedom.
The bill interferes with the ability of states and their citizens to determine qualifications for voters, to ensure the accuracy of voter registration rolls, to secure the integrity of elections, to participate in the political process, and to determine the district boundary lines for electing their representatives.
I DEMAND, that you vote NO on HR1 and put a stop to this assault on our Constitutional and State's rights!
|Sign and Submit!
Petition by Right Side Nation 2021 All rights reserved.